Fire safety is a must at the office. A sudden fire outbreak can be a nightmare, especially when employees and workers present on the premises. It can sometimes claim life and leave your place completely damaged. However, following the proper safety protocols will play a significant role in ensuring safety. There are certain industrial protocols that every company needs to follow. One such aspect is the placement of fire extinguishers.
Fire extinguishers have liquified carbon dioxide. As soon as you press the extinguisher, the gas vaporizes easily, thus preventing the spread of fire. The market is flooded with brands selling fire extinguishers. Each of these brands claim to be the best one. But not all fire extinguishers are the same. When you are planning to buy one, you must choose the best fire extinguisher manufacturer in India.
Why you need a fire extinguisher?
It is important to invest in the right kind of fire extinguisher and place it strategically. Several reasons make the placement of a fire extinguisher a must in your office:
- Fire outbreaks are sudden and unsolicited
- It can sometimes turn out to be uncontrollable
- Placement of fire extinguishers is also a legal mandate
- It guarantees the safety of the people visiting your premises
- You can save on the bigger disasters that may result because of uncontrollable fire
Things to consider when buying a fire extinguisher:
Type of fire extinguishers- When buying a fire extinguisher, you must know about the different types of fire extinguishers. The following section takes you through the different classes of fire extinguishers:
- Class A –These are used in case of fire that involves solid and dust. These include paper, plastic, cardboard, fabric, grain dust, etc.
- Class B – In case of fire that involves flammable liquids like oil, you would need a class B fire extinguisher to paint, gasoline, or petroleum.
- Class C – The class C fire extinguishers are used in case of fire occuring because of flammable gases, like propane, butane or methane.
- Class D – These are used in case of fire because of combustible metals like lithium, magnesium, potassium, aluminium and others.
- Class E- Well, this is not exactly the class of fire, and so it is often called informal Class E. These are used in the case of an electrical fire.
- Class F – These result from a fire involving cooking oil. Especially the ones which are used for deep frying.
Training the staff
While you may have the best fire extinguisher placed in your office, it is equally important for the staff to be aware of using it. You need to give complete training to the staff on this. Although, using the fire extinguisher is not a difficult task. But knowing the right way can save you in case the need arises.
Check the size and weight
You will find information about the suppressing agents in the bottle. The size and weight of the extinguisher are also significant. There are different fire extinguishers available in the market, and you can find the labelling on the canister. Consider the size and space of the room before investing in the fire extinguisher.
The placement of a fire extinguisher
You may have purchased the fire extinguisher from best fire extinguisher manufacturer in india, but its placement at the right spot is paramount. You must choose a spot which is easily accessible. The place must be easy to reach in case the fire emergency arises.
These are some of the important aspects that you need to consider when buying a fire extinguisher. Make sure that you only choose quality and authentic products.