Indian summers can get excruciatingly hot, and therefore, fans are the most crucial devices that can help keep summer heat at bay. The good news is that several brands are coming with fans with superior air delivery and energy efficient features to help people keep their homes cool. But with too many options at hand, choosing the right fan for your home can get a little confusing. So here’s a list of factors that we’ve included in this post to help you buy the right fan.
1. Fan Type
The first and foremost factor that you need to consider before making your purchase is the Type of Fan. Be specific about your requirements and choose the fan accordingly. Here are five basic fan types that you will come across.
- Ceiling fans: The good old ceiling fan is one of the most common types of fans. It provides adequate ventilation and improves air circulation. Quality ceiling fans from reputable brands like Luminous not only help ensure reliable and efficient performance but also add to a room’s decor.
- Pedestal fans: Pedestal fans are a good alternative to ceiling fans. They are ideal for rooms with smaller sizes. Unlike ceiling fans, pedestal fans are portable and come with a unique oscillation feature. The oscillation feature helps in uniform distribution of air in every corner of the room.
- Portable fans: Portable fans can be further categorized into table fans and pedestal fans. Table fans are best suited for personal use and can be mostly seen on office or study tables. A lot of women, too, use them in their kitchen. Pedestal fans are comparatively bigger and occupy more space. But they are more powerful and can be used outside the house, too. For instance, you can place them outdoors in a lawn or a terrace garden.
- Wall-mount fans: Wall-mounted fans come with powerful motors that help provide higher air delivery. Most portable fans are easy to install and come with a plug and play feature. This means you can easily shift wall fans from one wall to another.
- Exhaust fans: Exhaust fans provide proper ventilation by removing the stale, hot air. It also reduces excess moisture and improves the quality of air circulation inside the room. Exhaust fans are usually installed in spaces such as kitchens, bathrooms and utility rooms.
2. Sweep Size
Sweep size is an important criterion to consider. It is the diameter of the circle that you see when the fan is set in motion. The sweep size directly contributes to improving the quality of air and ventilation in the room. If the room is big and you want a higher airflow, opt for fans with a bigger sweep size.
3. Air Delivery
Air delivery is the volume of air that the fan delivers each minute. It is measured in CMM. And as we know, fans do not cool down the room, instead they help circulate the air more efficiently. That’s because higher the air delivery, better the air circulation and cooler the room. So do check the air delivery of the fan as it is one of the most important factors to consider when looking for a fan.
4. Fan Speed
Fans rotate at different speeds, which directly contributes to their cooling efficiency. Usually, fans are available in two types (based on speed)- High Speed and Normal Speed fans. If you are looking for a high-speed fan that not only delivers a superior air quality but is also energy efficient, you must check out the exclusive range of fans from Luminous India.
5. Power Consumption
Another important criterion when choosing a fan is power consumption. Nobody likes to pay hefty electricity bills every month. And so, you should go for an energy-efficient fan that provides optimal performance, yet consumes less power. And if you think energy efficient fans are not very aesthetically appealing then you must check out the energy efficient designer fans from Luminous India.
6. Value Added Features
In order to stay competitive, fan brands are introducing various features in their fans. Luminous India, for instance, has come up with a new range of smart ceiling fans that are IoT enabled. Besides using a remote to control the fan, users can now download an app on their mobile and use it to control the fan. And that’s not all. The fan can also be controlled via artificial-intelligence powered virtual assistants such as Google Assistant and Alexa.
Choose the Right Brand
Once you have determined the right fan type you need to choose a good brand. And for that you need to compare fans based on the performance factors (sweep size, air delivery, power consumption, etc) that you just read about. And if you want us to recommend a reputable fan brand, we would suggest you to go with Luminous India. They are one of the most trusted and innovative fan brands in India.