The Medical Marijuana Identification Card is a document issued by the Department of Public Safety (DPS) to certify the eligibility of a patient to use medical cannabis. This identification helps protect patients from prosecution and allows them access to medical marijuana in Texas. To get your MMJ card, you must apply online in person at a DPS office or send in paperwork by mail. In this guide, we’ll walk you through all the steps for getting a MMJ card in Texas: applying for an ID card, getting approved for treatment with cannabis-derived medications and more.
Apply for Medical Marijuana Identification Card
- You can get a medical marijuana identification card in Texas.
- You must be a state resident and 18 years or older to qualify for the state’s program.
- You must have a qualifying condition, such as Alzheimer’s disease, cancer, Crohn’s disease or PTSD (post-traumatic stress disorder).
- You will need to provide your current government-issued photo ID when applying for an MMJ card at any participating dispensary in Austin or Dallas/Fort Worth areas.
Verify your residency in Texas
If you’re not a resident of Texas, don’t worry! You can still use our services to get your MMJ card. The first step is to verify that you have a qualifying condition and meet the other requirements for getting your MMJ card.
Once we’ve verified these things, we’ll send an application packet to the address on file with us and then wait for it to be returned before processing your application. Once we receive confirmation that both documents were received by us (and not just one), we will begin processing your application immediately!
Fill out the MMJ application
- Fill out the MMJ application
- Provide your personal information
- Provide your medical records
- Provide your medical documents (if applicable)
- Provide payment information for processing fee and annual renewal fee
Dr. Weedy Texas: Medical Card Online
Dr. Weedy’s online is easy to use and saves you time
Our team of doctors are ready to help you get your Medical Card online. Dr. Weedy’s online application process is secure and private, so you don’t have to worry about sharing personal information with anyone else. You can also use our convenient service at any time of day or night!
Dr. Weedy Texas MMJ Card Online: Cost Effective & Convenient
We have made getting your Medical Marijuana Card in Texas as affordable as possible by offering low prices on all our products including CBD Oil Vape Pens, THC Syrup & more!
Scan and upload medical records and documents
Once you’ve scanned and uploaded your medical records and documents, the next step is to make sure that they are correct. If you’re missing any information, it could delay the process of getting a Texas MMJ card. Make sure that all of your documents are legible so that there’s no confusion about what they say or mean. Also, it’s important not to forget any documents during this process!
Collect payment and finalize your order.
Once you have completed the steps above, you will be given an order confirmation number and a link to download your MMJ card. You can also check the status of your application by visiting our website or calling us at 1-877-837-9688.
Once you receive your medical marijuana ID card in the mail, make sure that it has not expired before using it for purchasing medical cannabis products in Texas.
How to renew a medical card in Texas?
You can renew your medical card online or in person. If you choose to renew online, you will be able to pay with a debit or credit card. If you choose to renew in person, however, you will need to pay with cash as there is no other option available at this time.
- Go to the website https://www.dshs.texas.gov/csem/.
- Click on “Apply for New License/ID Card” under “License/ID Cards” on the left side of the page (you must have an account).
- Select either “I am applying for…New Patient Application Packets”, which includes everything needed for first-time patients; OR if this is an existing patient who has already been issued a medical marijuana license from another state but not from Texas yet then select “I am applying for…Renewal Packets For Existing Patients Only.”
- Find a doctor.
- Get your medical card online.
- Renew your Texas MMJ card every two years and get new recommendations if needed.
The process to get a medical marijuana card in Texas is quite simple and straightforward. All you need is to follow the steps mentioned above, and you will be able to get your MMJ card in no time.