Bringing Your Family to the United States: Understanding Your Immigration Options

Relatives of U. S. citizens may qualify for permanent residency. A family member who is a citizen in the U. S. can sponsor a non-citizen relative to get a green card. But, this doesn’t mean all relations automatically qualify. 

Under immigration laws, eligibility to get a green card is limited to certain family relations. Sometimes, the number of non-citizens that can enter the country every year is based on this category. While such laws provide a lot of ways to reconnect family members, the process can be overwhelming. Even one mistake can increase the cost or result in a delay or denial. Thankfully, an experienced family immigration lawyer Dallas can help an applicant accomplish their immigration goals.  

Significant Variables in Family Immigration Cases

Traditionally, the U. S. immigration policy is primarily meant to unit family members. A relative who holds a green card can file a visa petition, so they can bring their loved ones to the U. S. Green card is available for eligible immediate relatives without the annual limit concern. 

Preference Relative Status

  1. S. citizens can get a green card for preference relatives. Available visas depend on the annual limits. Thus, those who want to seek this kind of visa can be on a waiting list for many years. Qualifications for preference relatives include unmarried children (at least 21 years old) of a U. S. citizen, married children of a U. S. citizen, spouses and unmarried children (under 21 years old) of an American citizen, and siblings of a U. S. citizen (at least 21 years old).

Requirements for Foreign-Born Children

In the United States, matters that involve children of citizens are handled differently than children of permanent residents. Because of the frequent change in nationality law, a lot of foreign-born children who have U. S. citizen parents can apply for a U. S. passport. To successfully bring foreign-born children to the U. S., at least one parent has U. S. citizenship when the child was born.  When transmitting citizenship does not apply to a family’s situation, they should consider filing for an immigration visa. 

Immigration is often complex and subject to constant changes. Thus, it’s imperative to stay updated on laws to ensure you make the right decisions for your family. A skilled immigration attorney can provide skilled guidance and representation. They know how important it is for families to stick together and help them find the solution they need.  

Duonao is Get The Latest Online website. At One Place like Arts Culture, Movies, entertainment, Technology, Travel and Fitness and health news here Ifuntv and Ypost .

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Check Also
Back to top button