Just like our body needs good nutrition, our hair also requires the right combination of nutrients to stay healthy and grow thickly. A conditioner alone cannot provide all the nutrients that are required for strong, shiny tresses. We need serums now more than ever! Not only do these wondrous potions make your locks sleeker and silkier, but they also seal in moisture even after shampooing!
What Can Hair Serum Do For Your Locks?
Hair serum is made with a base of silicone, a rubber-like substance that sits on top of your strands. A hair serum helps reduce frizz, add shine, straighten and coat the surface of your hair. Here are some of the benefits of hair serum:
- Protect Against Heat Damage: If you want soft, shiny tresses, then heat damage should not be an issue for you at all. Serums help protect your hair from heat damage by making them more pliable and less prone to dryness.
- Smoothness: If you have frizzy split ends, then a serum is an answer to your problems. You can smooth out those ends with a serum that contains natural oils, especially if they are heavy enough in texture. This will make them easier to brush as well as control.
- Remove Build-up: When you use styling products on your tresses, there will always be some sort of build-up eventually. You can remove build-up with a good quality serum for hair – one that does not contain harmful chemicals or sulfates, etc., which is why you need to get a serum for hair made from natural ingredients. Mamaearth Onion Hair serum comes enriched with the goodness of Onion Seed, Biotin, D-Panthenol, and Olive Oil that helps coat the hair, smoothens hair shaft, and gives it a shiny appearance.
- Improve Elasticity: Another great reason why you should be using a serum on your locks is. Hence, they become more elastic and less prone to breakage, especially if you’re styling them every day with curling irons and flat irons.
- UV Protection: If you color your locks, then they will need protection against the elements such as the sun’s harmful UV rays and pollution, etc., and what better than a serum that contains natural oils and antioxidants?
- Detangle Your Locks: You can use a serum before shampooing when you have several knots in your hair or after shampooing when it’s still wet to detangle it easily, so you won’t have to deal with hair breakage.
- Repair Split Ends: If you color your hair, chances are it will also become dry and more prone to split ends over time, but not if you use the serum for hair regularly! You can get rid of those annoying split ends in no time flat.
The benefits of using hair serum are endless, but which one do you need the most? Choose hair serum that’s designed for your hair type. Hair serums help add shine, reduce frizz, and enhance the growth of your hair. A good hair serum also keeps your hair healthy by protecting against damage.