Do you know what anxiety is? If you don’t, then you are in the right place. That is because I am going to tell you all about it, and if you don’t know how you can recognize this, you will be able to do that with symptoms that I will state here. Now, if you find you are suffering from anxiety, you must get treatment.
What is Anxiety?
The term anxiety refers to disparate reactions of tension and worry. However, the American Psychological Association (APA) says that anxiety is “an emotion characterized by feelings of tension, worried thoughts and physical changes like increased blood pressure.” Now, knowing the difference between normal feelings of anxiety and an anxiety disorder requiring medical attention can help a person identify and treat the condition.
What Are the Types of Anxiety?
There are many types of anxiety that bother mankind. Those are as follows:
- Social Anxiety Disorder or Social Phobia: It is a fear of negative judgment from others in social situations or of public embarrassment.
- Generalized Anxiety Disorder: It is a long-lasting disorder involving excessive anxiety and worries about nonspecific life events, objects, and situations.
- Panic Disorder: Brief or rapid attacks of intense terror and apprehension describe as panic disorder.
- Specific Phobia:It is a crazy fear and avoidance of a particular object or situation.
- Agoraphobia:It is avoidance and fear of places, events, or situations from which it may be difficult to escape.
- Selective Mutism:It is actually a form of anxiety that some children experience, in which they are not able to speak in certain places or contexts, such as school.
- Separation Anxiety Disorder:It is high levels of anxiety that occur after separation from a person or place that provides feelings of security or safety characterize separation anxiety disorder.
What Are the Symptoms?
You may ask how to recognize anxiety? Well, you can recognize it with the symptoms, which are as follows:
- Restlessness and a feeling of being “on-edge.”
- Uncontrollable feelings of worry.
- Increased irritability.
- Concentration difficulties.
- Sleep difficulties, such as problems in falling or staying asleep.
What Are the Causes?
The possible causes of anxiety are described below:
- Environmental stressors like relationship problems, difficulties at work, or family problems.
- Genetics, the people who have family members with an anxiety disorder, are more likely to suffer themselves.
- Medical factors are also could be the causes of anxiety. For example, the symptoms of a different disease, the stress of an intensive surgery or prolonged recovery, or the effects of medication.
- Brain chemistry is also responsible for anxiety. As psychologists state that many anxiety disorders as misalignments of hormones and electrical signals in the brain.
- Removal from an illegal substance, the effects of which might intensify the impact of other possible causes.
Now, you know all about anxiety. So, you will be able to identify whether you are suffering from anxiety or not. If you do, then make sure to take safety measures.