Project planning is a crucial part of any project. It’s the difference between getting things done and failing to get things done, and it’s important to have a solid plan in place before you begin working on your project. There are lots of different tools out there that can help you create a solid strategy for completing projects, but each one has its own unique features and limitations. In this post we’ll look at five different project planning software tools available today: Microsoft Project, Zoho Projects, Liquid Planner (formerly Toggl), Trello (formerly Fog Creek) and Wrike
Project Planner is a web-based project management software that helps you to organize tasks, set deadlines, track progress and more. It’s used by small and medium businesses for managing their projects. Project Planner offers the following features:
- Create new projects
- Assign tasks to team members within your organization
- Track status of each task in real time (including bugs)
Microsoft Project is a project management software tool. It can be used to manage projects and tasks, as well as resources and time. By using this software, you will be able to plan your entire year in advance.
Projects: Project Manager – This feature allows users to create new projects, edit existing ones and manage their status (for example: completed or not). The interface is very intuitive; there are no complicated buttons or menus to navigate through like some other tools do have! You simply need to start typing what you want on the first page then continue typing until all fields have been filled out correctly before submitting it back into your database for review by management staff members who may then approve/deny any request made by an employee within their department/divisional office respectively based upon compliance with corporate policies set forth annually during each fiscal year which affects every employee working within said institution during such time period(s).
Zoho Projects is a web-based project management software that helps you with your projects. It can be used to manage multiple tasks, resources and deadlines in a single place. Zoho Projects is designed to help you get things done more efficiently by providing all the information necessary for any project manager on the go.
The features of this software include:
- A free version that allows up to 10 users;
- A paid version with unlimited users and storage capacity;
- Inbuilt chat feature which lets team members communicate directly within their browser window without having to open an external chat application like WhatsApp or Skype;
The best thing about this software is that it makes it easy for project managers as well as clients who need assistance setting up their projects!
Liquid Planner is a cloud-based project management tool that works with almost any device. It’s easy to use, and it can be accessed from anywhere at any time.
Liquid Planner helps you plan, manage and report on projects by providing an intuitive interface with features like:
- Create project plans in minutes using the drag-and-drop interface or new template templates. You can also access previous versions of your documents so you don’t need to spend extra time making changes or revisions when needed (or if there are any errors).
- Assign tasks quickly by selecting from a list of available options based on what needs doing (e.g., “Write content”). Once assigned, these tasks will appear in an organized list along with their due dates as well as other information such as who created them and when they were created so that everyone involved knows exactly where things stand at any given moment; this makes sure everybody stays informed about what needs done next.”
Trello is a digital board for planning and organizing projects. It’s free to use, but if you want to get paid features like additional storage space, paid accounts are available.
Trello was created by Fog Creek Software in 2011 and has been used by companies like Airbnb, Atlassian (JIRA), Tesla Motors and others since then. The mobile app was released in 2015; however it wasn’t until May of 2018 that the desktop version was launched after several years of development work by Fog Creek’s team at their headquarters outside San Francisco California USA.
Choose the right tool for your project.
Choosing the right tool for your project is a complex process because of the many factors involved. You have to consider your team, their skills and experience level, their availability and attitude towards collaboration, as well as what you want to achieve with the software.
Another important factor is whether or not you need something that will fit your budget. Some tools are much more expensive than others; some require payment up front while others can be leased or used on an hourly basis depending on how often they’re used during production time frames.
The 2023 is a huge year for both new business owners and established executives alike. To get started on your projects, take the time to consider the following questions. What are your priorities? What activities will you focus on? Where do you want to get started? What’s holding you back from accomplishing these goals? With these questions in mind, let’s dive into some software tools that can help you gain clarity about what needs to be done and how best to manage it all as a busy project manager.