Are you one of those passionate writers who want to convert their skills into a full-time career option?
Creative writing might be a potential career for the ones who know the art of storytelling and are extremely disciplined towards writing. Pursuing a career in writing can offer great monetary benefits as well as satisfaction.
Besides possessing basic creative writing skills, a writer needs to be persistent, passionate and thick-skinned. Here are some best available job options if you want to take your writing skills to another level:
The job of a copywriter is to produce good quality content for advertising and marketing. The content includes taglines, jingles, slogans, creative product descriptions, e-mail copies etc.
- The main aim is to generate leads and improve sales through writing persuasive and promotional content.
- A beginner copywriter with no prior experience can earn around Rs. 30,000 per month depending upon their skill set and abilities. Whereas a copywriter with 1-4 years of experience can make up to Rs. 4,00,000 per annum.
- The qualities required to become a copywriter are creativity, self-promotion, research skills and pragmatism.
Scriptwriters are the ones who write scripts for movies, screenplays, television series, radio, etc.
- A scriptwriter can either work full-time for large companies and entertainment agencies or work as a freelance writer.
- A degree in journalism, literature or mass communication is generally desired for the job of a scriptwriter.
- Working hours of a scriptwriter are flexible and this career can provide you with great opportunities to creatively tell stories through your narrative.
If you wish to get started as a scriptwriter: find your niche, read more and more scripts, and take scriptwriting classes if you can.
Authors are writers who work on developing creative elements in a story. Authors typically write original stories for fiction and non-fiction novels, plays, books, magazines etc.
- The job of an author is to choose thoughtful plots, interesting characters and a creative storyline that keep the readers engaged.
- A good author must have a creative eye for detail, ability to conduct authentic research and convey their thoughts with utmost credibility to the readers.
- An author works closely with appropriate words to provoke a reader’s mind.
For a creative job like that of an author, it becomes essential to learn creative writing skills and fundamentals of language before publishing your first work.
#4. Content writer
Content writing requires you to produce well-researched content for multiple platforms like social media, websites, blogs to generate traffic.
There is a high demand for content writers in the market and this career option offers huge opportunities for personal growth and development.
- A content writer must know a variety of skills including search engine optimisation (SEO), Microsoft Office, publishing on WordPress, editing and proofreading.
- They work and coordinate with the company’s graphic designer, content manager and web publishers.
You can become an effective content writer if you learn SEO-friendly content writing and practice writing every day!
Learn writing online with Ruskin Bond
Do you want to improve your creative writing skills? Unluclass is offering an online writing course from the legendary Ruskin Bond. He will be sharing his experience and insights to help you be the best writer you can be. Sign up for Ruskin Bond’s unluclass now!