Christmas celebrations at work are a fun way to cap off the year. It’s easy to let your hair down and have a good time without worrying about getting any work done while enjoying the holidays with your favorite employees. Unfortunately, there may be some debris to pick up when the party’s over. Depending on the extent of the mayhem, you can either clean up the office after the party yourself or engage office cleaning service. We have put together an office cleaning checklist to help you out if you’d rather do it yourself.
Use these clever strategies before the party begins to reduce the time you spend cleaning:
- Communal places should have large trash cans.
- Protect your carpets from spills with the help of some mats.
- Use disposable tablecloths to easily collect leftovers and dispose of them in one go.
Cleaning Checklist For The Office
To begin, we suggest an office cleaner to handle the after-party cleanup. That way, it won’t be up to just one person to clean up the mess. Or, if the office is small enough, have every person help pick up. In order to get the office back in order quickly, it is recommended that you assign specific staff to specific responsibilities.
- Large items of trash should be picked up. Grab all the big disposable party objects like paper plates, cups, and party hats as you go through the room with a trash bag.
- Put away your seasonal decorations. Put the decorations the business wants to keep in a big box and get rid of the ones it doesn’t want.
- It’s imperative that you disinfect every available surface. Scrub desks, chairs, and shelves with disinfecting cleaner, then wipe off surfaces with sanitizing wipes.
- Clean up any spillages and stains immediately. You should try to mop up any spills as soon as possible if you see them throughout the celebration. If you act quickly, you may be able to remove the stain before it settles.
- Mop the tile and hard floor surfaces. Having a party in an office with tiled sections, especially in high-traffic areas, can quickly make the tiles dirty. Just a little wipe down with a mop can restore their luster.
- Clean the carpets. Remove the finer dust and dirt particles to restore the carpet’s like-new appearance.
- Purge the lavatory. Remember to give the restroom a thorough cleaning if it is your office’s responsibility to maintain it. Clean and disinfect everything from toilets to door knobs to sinks to appliances. The restrooms should have fresh toilet paper, paper towel rolls, and soap in the dispensers when workers return from their holiday break.
Cleaning up after a major office party may be a hassle, so you might want to hire experts to help. We have the experience and tools necessary to give your office a complete cleaning after the holiday party and get it ready for the New Year.