Are you confused about which CMS platform to use for building your ecommerce store or business website?
Well, today we’re going to review the top four CMS platforms that are preferred by expert web designers. But before that, let’s discuss the CMS platform and the importance of choosing the right platform.
What is a CMS Platform?
A content management system platform is a software that lets you create websites or ecommerce stores without coding. CMS platforms are gaining a lot of popularity with the growth in the eCommerce industry. There are many options of CMS available in the market now. Due to the available options it gets difficult to choose the best CMS platform to build the site. Here are the top 4 CMS platforms that are the choice of every web designer these days.
BigCommerce is an all-time favorite CMS platform of web designers today. Many successful eCommerce stores are made using the BigCommerce platform. If you’re thinking of setting up an eCommerce site this bigcommerce agency canada can help you. Although BigCommerce is a very easy to use CMS platform that doesn’t require much expertise to set up a store. However, according to many successful store owners, one should involve an expert agency to handle the eCommerce site as it maximizes the chances of success.
- Free trail plan
- Free domain name availability
- Multiple payment options and digital wallet options for BigCommerce Store website
- 24/7 live support
- Offer integrations with WordPress
- Limited free features
- Less themes and integrations which sometimes becomes a barrier in using third party services for business growth
- The company automatically updates the pricing plan after you cross a certain threshold per year
WordPress needs no introduction. It’s one of the best-known open-source CMS platforms which has a share of around 35% in the total websites on the internet today. Many people confuse WordPress.org with WordPress.com. Both are completely different. WordPress..org is a free open source CMS which is commonly used to create all sorts of sites like online stores, blog sites, etc.
- Flexibility to integrate
- Plugins to boost content marketing efforts
- No need of technical skills and coding
- Free and paid themes availability to match every need
- SEO Friendly
- Vast Extensibility
- Supports XML format
- Hosting and domain need to be taken care by the owner of site
- WordPress doesn’t take the responsibility for security and backup management
- Huge number of options sometime becomes difficult to handle for a new person
Drupal is another open-source CMS that is preferred by web designers today. Although it lags behind WordPress in the website market. It provides the site owner a high degree of control over the uses. Drupal can control a lot of data and that’s the reason why It is being used by many renowned companies like UNICEF, Pinterest, and many others.
- Highly configurable themes
- High level of security
- Less costly
- Easy to add content on Drupal
- High Customizability
- Can be at times tricky to manager the appearance of site
- Not as user friendly like WordPress
- High customization themes are so expensive
Shopify is an all-in-one SaaS platform that is mostly used to make eCommerce stores. It is very simple to use. You can easily use drag and drop features to set up your online store.
- Offer best experience to first time ecommerce store owners
- Messaging Chatbots are very efficient
- Manages the software updates and backups on behalf of the user
- Huge variety of themes and extensions
- Offer integrated payment solutions to the users. I.e Payal is include in its default payment providers
- 24/7 live customer support
- Addition of third party is very expensive
- Shopify apps are less flexible than WordPress Plugins
These are the best 4 CMS platforms of 2021. If you’re thinking of starting your store make sure to compare the pros and cons of these platforms and pick the one that meets your needs the best. Also, if you’re hiring any web design and development agency, we recommend you checking their reviews on Bigcommerce directory.