Are fine lines, blemishes, and dullness making your face lifeless? Well, it is time to include a charcoal face mask in your facial skincare regime. While other face masks only wash or peel the dirt nominally, face masks with activated charcoal penetrate the skin to pull out dead skin and blackheads. Owing to its skin-purifying qualities, it also ensures that no other pore-clogging grime or impurities are left behind.
Charcoal is usually obtained from carbon-rich materials like wood, coconut, or bamboo. Activated charcoal, however, is a processed form of charcoal working effectively as an exfoliator when used in skincare. Using it as a face mask is the best way to harness the qualities of activated charcoal. Let’s learn more about its role in skincare by exploring its amazing benefits:
6 Benefits of using a charcoal face mask
Activated charcoal is a popular ingredient used in various face masks due to its ability to draw out impurities from the skin. When applied to the skin, a charcoal face mask works like a magnet, attracting and trapping dirt, oil, and other impurities from the pores. It is said to help unclog pores, exfoliate dead skin cells, and improve the skin’s overall appearance. They are often used to treat acne-prone, oily, and blackheads. Let’s unfold a few benefits of charcoal face masks:
Fights dull skin.
Unclogged pores lead to cleaner skin with a brighter complexion. Using a charcoal face mask leads to instant detoxification, making your skin look and feel younger and healthy.
Activated charcoal clings onto facial skin and absorbs all toxins and bacteria, extracting impurities and dirt from the pores. Thus, it results in a bright, youthful skin texture.
Face masks containing charcoal reach deep into the skin and cleanse oil and dirt, even from the layers where cleanser doesn’t reach. However, do not stop using your facial cleansers daily!
These masks soak up excess oil from the skin’s surface and balance the skin with renewed and beautiful skin. In addition, it purifies the pores and nourishes the skin tissues for a brighter appearance.
Smoothens the skin.
Regular use of charcoal face masks exfoliates rough skin, making it smoother and better. Moreover, smoother skin is a perfect base for makeup application.
Soothes irritated skin.
The antibacterial properties of activated charcoal fight acne-forming bacteria. It also prevents skin infections and soothes irritated skin. From dry, damaged, and sensitive skin to conditions like eczema or psoriasis, charcoal masks work wonders on the skin.
When and how often a charcoal face mask can be applied?
Unlike other face masks, the ones with charcoal require about 15 minutes to settle on the skin. Therefore, it is recommended to include them in your night-time skincare routine. However, if you wish to apply during the morning, do it before shower time. Doing so will enable you to wash and clean off the mask easily.
Which charcoal face mask helps combat fine lines, blemishes, and dullness?
Mamaearth’s C3 Face Mask clears the face of all impurities and leaves it glowing. This charcoal face mask contains coffee, bentonite, and Kaolin clay, along with activated charcoal. The face wash contains no sulfates, silicones, paraben, synthetic fragrances, or animal-derived ingredients. Therefore, this charcoal face mask is your best option to overcome the woes of fine lines, blemishes, and dullness.
Adding it to your skincare regimen will contribute to your skincare hygiene, keep your pores unclogged, and impart a radiant glow to your face.
Star ingredients of Mamaearth’s C3 Face Mask
- Charcoal: It aids in removing toxins and excess oil trapped in the skin pores, resulting in cleaner, healthier skin.
- Coffee: Coffee exfoliates the facial skin and helps reduce dead and tanned skin. It also acts as a natural brightening agent, delivering a beautiful glow to the skin.
- Kaolin clay: Kaolin clay acts as a natural cleanser and helps remove excess oil from the skin’s surface. Thus, it keeps pimples and acne at bay.
- Bentonite clay: Bentonite clay is the best agent to reduce acne marks and other scars. It works best on marks of popped pimples.
What else can you pick from Mamaearth for your hair health?
Since immemorial, hair has been known as the crowning glory. Thus, you should never stop caring for it! Who doesn’t crave soft, shinier hair? Natural hair conditioning ingredients like curd, honey, lemon, egg, onion, and milk have long remained a part of the haircare regime. While some people trust the goodness of natural ingredients, some go for treatments and well-formulated products. What if you can relish the richness of natural extracts through a finely formulated product?
- It’s time to beat bad hair worries with the Mamaearth Hair Conditioner range. It has a range of hair conditioning products that come with nature’s goodness sans harmful chemicals, parabens, or silicones. In addition, we bring you a list of the best products for conditioning that provide relief to your specific hair woes:
- Onion is rich in potassium, sulfur, and antioxidants. Using Mamaearth’s conditioner with onion for hair fall control will make your hair stronger, shinier, and smoother. With nourishing properties of ingredients like coconut and sweet almond oil, hair growth, and scalp health also get the required boost.
- Pamper your hair with the goodness of Lemon and Ginger with Mamaearth Lemon Anti-Dandruff Conditioner. Combining other nourishing ingredients like ginger, turmeric, and coconut oil, it soothes the itchy and dry scalp and prevents hair breakage. In addition, the natural formula of this conditioner keeps dandruff and itchiness at bay.
- Enriched with the goodness of egg protein, Mamaearth Eggplex Conditioner nourishes and strengthens your mane. The collagen protects your hair strands and also improves the overall texture. It blends the richness of Egg Protein, Collagen, Keratin, and Jojoba Seed Oil, all of which act together to boost the shine and strength of your hair.
The bottom line
Activated charcoal has become one of the most shopped ingredients in beauty products in the last few years. From providing healthy skin to a shiny and clear complexion, activated charcoal suits sensitive skin. Mamaearth’s C3 Face Mask contains natural ingredients and is free of harsh dyes, chemicals, parabens, and fragrances. As Asia’s first MadeSafe Certified Brand, Mamaearth has a wide range of products formulated with natural ingredients without compromising quality. So, explore Mamaearth self-care collections to support your skin and hair health.