It’s no secret that painting the exterior of your house is an important task when it comes to house keeping and maintenance. Regularly painting your house makes it look better, keeps it clean and also maintains structural integrity. Painting your house is a substantial financial investment, and there are several exterior home color choices to consider and aisian paints exterior color wheel can help you with that. To make this long task simple for you, we’ve compiled this list to not only inspire you to paint the exterior of your house, but also to act as a guide for your decision-making process. Here is a list of the most popular house paint colors to inspire you to finish your painting job as quickly as feasible.
Stone Gray, Olive Green, Dark Brown
Sometimes, the best thing you can do is get inspired by nature. While there are a million wall paint designs available on the market, opting for a classic yet modern combination that reminds you of all natural things. This combination of colors looks good on just about any type of house as all the colors are muted and go well with the surroundings. It is a great choice for people who are cautious and don’t like experimenting much.
Dark Blue, Gray, Off White
With these soothing tones and complementary hues, you’re bound to get great results. These are such classic colors that no one can ever go wrong with them. While choosing the grays and whites for this combination, opt for colors that have a cooler undertone to pair well with the dark blue.
Cream & Maroon
While maroon (or any other shade of red) is often associated with exposed brick walls in India, it’s a good idea to break out of that mold when decorating with this color. Create a half and half effect by dividing the house into ‘up’ and ‘down’ and paint accordingly. This is a timeless combination that keeps coming back in trend.
Brown, White And Canary Yellow
A modest splash of color against neutral tones can make a big difference in the overall appearance of a home, and these colors are a great illustration of that. With several hues of brown and a variety of textures dominating the space, it is the yellow that will serve as a splash of color and lend the home a modern and young feel.
Some Helpful Tips
There are a lot of things that need to be considered while painting the exterior of any home.
- While people place too much importance on the weather and climatic conditions, there are also other important things that should be considered such as the shape of the house, which areas need to be highlighted and how the sunlight will make an impact on the color that you choose.
- You should always go for better quality paint as that ensures that over the years, you’ll have less paint related issues.
- Make sure that the walls are clean before painting takes place as paint does not tend to stick to dust.
- Keep things in mind that you need to cover and protect and make sure you don’t forget about the primer.
- Another helpful tip is to paint from top to bottom, as the paint will drip and this method will give you enough time to cover up any mistakes that might happen.
- Another thing that people often forget is how the paint will look in all sorts of light. The best thing to do would be to paint a small patch and leave it for a day or two for a better understanding.
So go ahead and paint the exteriors of your home for a better looking and longer lasting house.